Beers and bowling! A perfect match if there ever was one. We hope you’ll join us along with local Seventh Son Brewing Co for our January tasting event.
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Time: 7pm start time
Where: Ten Pin Alley
- Seventh Son head brewer Colin Vent will be on hand discussing, tasting and answering questions on five select brews*.
- Ten Pin Alley will be providing specially prepared food to compliment each beer.
- Prizes from Seventh Son and Ten Pin Alley
- Open bowling until close after the tasting!
Cost: $35 per person. Includes all the above.
Space may be limited so we recommend reserving your spot by calling in advance 876-2475.
*BEER DETAILS! Here is a description of the beers that will be featured:
- Seventh Son Strong Ale: A ruddy amber American Strong clocking in at 7.7% abv. Grapefruit and stone fruit hop aroma and character are balanced by a rich red malt backbone. A precise blend of 7 hops go into the brewing and dry hopping process. From Flannery O’Connor to Iron Maiden the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is embedded in American culture as a powerful harbinger of good fortune; what better name for our flagship ale?
- Humulus Nimbus: A pale golden ale that is both super crisp and super hop forward with a refreshing mouthfeel and a summer friendly 6% abv. Mosaic & simcoe hops lend tart blueberry and fragrant pine to a pleasingly bitter dandelion finish. We wanted the hops to be the star in this seasonal offering taking its name from both the hop plant, Humulus Lupulus, and its light color and cloud-like feel, nimbus.
- Oast Oat Pale Ale: Takes its name from the old English structure for drying fresh hops after the harvest. Oast is a sessionable pale ale brewed with 30% oats. Nelson Sauvin, Citra, Galaxy and Simcoe provide layers of fruit such as mango, white grape and gooseberry, along with some bitter pine and spice. Very light bodied and crisp with a clean finish. 4.2% abv
- Scientist IPA: In the spirit of scientific inquiry we bring you an ever evolving IPA. Each batch will have a slight shift of one ingredient. One batch could have a small proportion of one malt swapped for another, the next batch may change the amount of a particular hop during the boil, a later batch may change out a hop variety entirely. Starting with a light bodied, hop forward IPA, we will take small intentional steps towards finding just the right balance of floral, citrus and tropical hop notes. For the foreseeable future, each time you taste this beer, it will be different from the last. 6.75% abv
- Wee Beastie (Wee Heavy) – DESCRIPTION COMING SOON, however this brand new feature beer from Seventh Son will be first tapped here at Ten Pin Alley and you to try it! Pre-release!
So there you have it beer lovers. Five brews plus food followed by some good old fashioned bowling. Hope to see you on the 27th!